Making Allocations for the Ryan White Part A EMA
One of the Planning Council's major responsibilities is allocating Ryan White Part A funds within the Philadelphia area. This process happens every year. The allocations process is led by the Finance Committee, but happens over the course of several special meetings each summer. There are three major allocations meetings: one for Philadelphia, one for the PA Collar Counties, and one for Southern NJ. The process is conducted regionally, but all budgets are presented to the Planning Council for discussion and voting.
The Planning Council considers a great deal of information when making decisions about allocations. Below, you can download the allocations materials used in the 2020 allocations meetings. You can also view an online version of the materials here.
- Prepare for FY2021 Allocations -
Above, you will find the interactive regional Allocations flyers for the NJ Counties, PA Counties, and Philadelphia Allocations meetings. Please download and distribute these flyers. The flyers contain information and registration links for each of the virtual Allocations meetings.
Are You Prepared for FY2021 Allocations?
Above, you will find a worksheet designed to help you think through any proposed changes for your FY2021 regional Ryan White Part A Budgets.
Above, you will find a checklist to help you prepare for the FY2021 Allocations process.
This assessment is designed to help you prepare for participating in the Regional Allocations process. You will earn points for reviewing training and documents and answering questions correctly.
FY2021 Allocations Materials
Above, you will find the following materials for FY2021 Allocations:
- Service Category Allocations Booklet
- Regional Funding by Service Category (EMA-Wide, PA Counties, NJ Counties, Philadelphia)
- Funding Percentages by Service Category for RW Part A (EMA-Wide, PA Counties, NJ Counties, Philadelphia)
- Introduction to Ryan White Allocations Training PowerPoint
- Introduction to Ryan White Allocations Training Video
- HIPC 2020 Epidemiological Update from Kathleen Brady
- RWHAP Housing Proposals from HIPC
- Collected Recommendations from HIPC Needs Assessments
- Priority Setting from HIPC 2019
- In order to make Part A allocations decisions, the Planning Council follows a formal, documented process. That process is provided above.
- Conflict of Interest is a characteristic of the nature of the Planning Body. A conflict of interest is an actual or perceived interest by a Planning Body member in an action which results in personal, professional, or organizational gain. Read more about Conflict of Interest in the PDF above.
- The Planning Council also has a formal process for the reallocation of Part A funds throughout the year. You can read it above.
- Above you will find HRSA's expenditure report from FY2016. Feel free to review how other EMAs are allocating Part A funds.