OHP is different from HIPC (Philadelphia EMA HIV Integrated Planning Council). HIPC is the decision-making body that plans HIV care and prevention services in the nine-county Philadelphia area. If you are looking for “About HIPC,” click here.
Supporting community planning for HIV services in the greater Philadelphia area
The Office of HIV Planning supports the Philadelphia EMA HIV Integrated Planning Council (HIPC), the decision-making body that plans HIV care and prevention services in the nine-county Philadelphia area.
We also assist the Positive Committee, a group that supports and enhances the participation of people living with HIV/AIDS in the community planning process through educational activities and outreach.
As a part of our work supporting the efforts of the Planning Council and its committees, we:
- assess needs
- review literature
- conduct community outreach and educational activities
- write comprehensive plans
- record and monitor official processes (including meeting minutes)
- collaborate with the Division of HIV Health (DHH) and other community and governmental organizations
- provide logistical and administrative support
If you'd like to learn more about the work of the Planning Council or its committees, attend a meeting! Meetings are open to the public.